Group sessions are led by licensed mental health providers. Many of our groups are reimbursable by insurance companies.
Hopewell offers residential and daily programming. Contracts are available for mental health and developmental disability (worker's compensation, I/O waiver options) boards.
Our program is developed and supervised by licensed mental health providers with many years of experience in a variety of settings. Clinicians are active in resident and family counseling, case coordination, psychiatric and medication management and discharge transitions.
In addition to daily staff and resident work crews that keep the farm functioning, programming includes:
- Mood management
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Creative expression
- Dual diagnosis issues
- Equine-assisted learning
- Meditation and spirituality
- Education (high school diploma program)
- Money management
- Independent living skills (planning, shopping, cooking, healthy living)
Hopewell is the only residential mental health facility in Ohio that provides this type of treatment-based, community-centered care, and is among one of very few facilities of its kind in the country that provides comprehensive mental health treatment in a working farm setting.
Intensive Assessment Program (IAP)
Hopewell offers a unique program for individuals transitioning from a secured setting (such as state hospitals) to a more independent situation like our therapeutic community.
We provide a higher level of care - 24 hours of one-to-one staffing - for 30 days while residents acclimate to our daily programming. Our traditional case management, psychiatric and nursing services, medication management and group sessions with licensed clinicians are available throughout this program.
Pre-Admission requirements include:
- Completed Hopewell physician referral form
- Current and complete psychiatric history and hospital records
- Interview with our admissions committee & tour of our facility
- Completed physical exam within last month
- Current 2-step TB test or chest x-ray (unless physical shows person is not at risk)
- Completed Hopewell financial disclosure form
- Signed releases of information and copy of guardianship papers (if applicable)
We are the first provider of mental health services in the country to be reviewed and accredited as a Therapeutic Community by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Hopewell is licensed and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health. We are a member of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) and American Residential Treatment Association (ARTA).